Do you suffer from a respiratory condition that causes wheezing such as asthma or bronchitis? Here are some useful tips to stop wheezing using purely natural methods.Wheezing is a common symptom of the narrowing of the airways and is associated with many respiratory conditions, the most common of all being asthma. Another symptom that goes hand in hand with wheezing is bronchial breathing which can me mistaken as wheezing. This is a harsh sound as opposed to wheezing which is more raspy in nature. Bronchial breathing is associated turbulence in the airways.
Here is a list of some common natural remedies to stop wheezing.
1. Steam inhalation – This method of clearing the sinus passes is often used when someone is suffering from a respiratory infection. The inhalation of steam can aid in unblocking the nasal package as well as reducing the amount of mucus build up in the bronchioles. This can help stop you from wheezing.
2. Salt pipes – Salt pipes originated from the use of salt caves in Poland. The salt content in the air that you breathe in helps to reduce the thickness of mucus. In asthma sufferers this can assist in reducing wheezing. Salt inhalation can also help if you are suffering from bronchitis. By reducing the thickness of the mucus, it becomes easier to cough up and expel.
3. Ginger and honey tea – This remedy may sound simple but it does work very well to soothe any itch in the throat that may be associated with wheezing.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar – Vinegar has long been known and used for its anti inflammatory properties. Apple cider vinegar is especially good for treating inflammation in asthma that can cause wheezing and coughing. The best way to consume it is neat, though mixing it with some water makes it more palatable.
5. Acupuncture – This ancient Chinese remedy is used to clear the energy pathways that can get blocked and result in ailments such as asthma. This method is extremely popular in China, however less so in Western society because of the use of needles.
6. Bowen Technique – The Bowen Technique originated in Australia and is a relatively new therapy that has been used to treat all sorts of ailments. This technique works on rebalancing the nervous system and treating the cause of wheezing as opposed to the symptom of wheezing itself. It is gaining in popularity due to its effectiveness as well as its ease of use with children.