If you are an asthma sufferer, then I am sure you have trawled the Internet looking for a natural asthma remedy that actually does what is says and cures asthma. Maybe you are fed up of being stuck on medication and having to depend on steroids and your inhalers all the time or sometimes you are looking for a cure for someone close to you like your child or a relative. Whatever the reason, you have come to the right place. This article lists some natural asthma remedies and will help you in your search for one that actually works.
Asthma is a condition that not only affects the young but also adults and the very elderly. The odd thing about asthma is that it can come on at any time in your life. Although some have always seemed to have had asthma from childhood, most people develop it later on in life and are not born asthmatics. This condition is typically diagnosed when one encounters difficulty in breathing and is subsequently sent to the doctors for a peak flow test. If this test of lung capacity is below average or the norm the person is then labeled an asthmatic and the standard inhalers and if necessary stereoids are prescribed.
Here is a list of natural asthma remedies that claim to cure asthma and treat the difficulty in breathing.
1. Buteyko Method works on the principle that the cause of asthma is breathing is too much oxygen and having too little CO2 in the blood. Simple exercises are used to reset the levels in the body.
2. Alexander Technique uses posture and coordinates breathing and movement to create a more efficient respiratory system that works in line with the bodies movement.
3. Herbs are used in both Western and Oriental medicine to prevent asthma attacks and to try and address the allergens that the body is exposed to.
4. Acupuncture realigns the energy in the body and addresses the meridians associated with breathing difficulties, however it is not very popular due to the use of needles.
5. The Bowen Technique For Asthma is probably the most effective natural asthma remedy as it aims to treat the cause of the breathing difficulty and not just the symptoms. This technique rebalances the nervous system to reduce the amount and severity of allergic reactions also relaxes the muscles of respiration. This is one of the main causes of asthma attacks.