This article is about how to stop wheezing naturally and effectively without the use of medication and drugs. More and more people are turning towards more natural means of treating ailments. The side effects of medication and drugs can have detrimental effects which in the long term can actually contribute to more health problems.
Wheezing is defined as the harsh, raspy sound made when breathing is restricted due to narrowing or constriction of the airways. This symptom is normally associated with respiratory conditions such as asthma and bronchitis. If you suffer from any of these conditions then you will be well acquainted with the sound and feel of wheezing.
Here are a couple of methods that are used to treat wheezing naturally. Some old old remedies and some are more recent techniques and methods.
1. Natural ingredients include honey, cinnamon powder and fresh ginger which can be taken as a drink or herbal concoction. You can easily find these remedies in health food stores.
2. Arachidonic acid is found in certain foods, such as egg yolks, shellfish, and meat. Eating less of these foods is thought to decrease inflammation and asthma symptoms as well as to treat any allergic reactions.
3. Ayurvedic herbs such as Boswellia are meant to decrease inflammation and aid in decreasing irritation in the airways. This is no common herb but can be found in herbal medicine stores and normally prescribed by Ayurvedic practitioners.
4. Alexander breathing technique to help improve posture and open up the airways. This breathing technique is becoming more and more popular as Western medicine is identifying with the link between posture and breathing.
5. Buteyko breathing technique which consists of shallow breathing exercises that are designed to help people with asthma breathe easier. This technique works on the principle of reducing the amount of oxygen dependence in the body and resetting the carbon dioxide response level. In essence this method is of the belief that the body takes in too much oxygen and this is the cause of many breathing problems.
6. The Bowen Technique is one of the most effective methods of treating wheezing. It is an extremely gentle and simple technique that can be learnt to treat and cure your wheezing naturally.
One of the most important things to bear in mind when deciding which natural remedy to try is how the remedy works to cure wheezing. To really stop your wheezing you need to treat the cause of the wheezing which in some cases is due to asthma.